Monday 15 April 2013

My Experience with Alkaline Diet…


The Alkaline Diet – it is not at all the yummy sounding diet to roll off your tongue. But, I had no other option since I was overweight, permanently bloated, always tired, and had increasingly short fuse with my kids. I always knew that I had to do something to feel better. Then, I finally decided to see a naturopath and go for a naturopathy treatment. My naturopath, Andrew introduced me to the alkaline diet.
Well… there were no calories counts but I had to give up my five to six cups of coffee that I was drinking everyday, had to forgo sugary food items, consume less meat & alcohol while increasing intake of fruits and vegetables. Also, I started consuming adequate amount of ionized alkaline water everyday. Huh! It was extremely tough but still was doable and I took it as challenge to change myself completely. And within just two weeks, my concentrations towards my work and moods towards my family, my kids had improved a lot. Four months later, I had already lost a stone and still in process to lose more.
The alkaline diet although sounds like any other normal healthy eating plan which you must have read in health magazines. But, it’s far more effective than the normal one. It is quite beneficial for rebellious conditions including arthritis, as well as for those who have chronic fatigues and mood problems because of being overweighed. Alkaline diet maintains your body’s pH level.
The easiest way to start on strict alkaline diet is by drinking alkaline ionized water on daily basis. There are various companies which manufacture ionizers. You can do an independent research about the best water filters available and get one installed in your kitchen sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment